The following step by step guides below are the procedures on how to properly use the Odin downloader tool to install or flash the (stock ROM) system firmware on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570. This guides shows the two format of files which is sometimes having the beginners a little bit confusion, the single packaged and the multiple packaged of stock ROMs.
Multiple Packaged – This packaged contains the 4 or 5 binary files such as, OPS, BOOTLOADER, PDA, PHONE and CSC file. This is full wipe version and will delete all data stored from the device, so it’ means that you ensure to back up all of important files from the device before installing it.
One Packed- This packaged only shows a single packaged binary files .tar.md5 only. Mostly this kind of packaged are pulled from the official Samsung kies server releases. Others called it a non wipe packaged for it will not delete and clear all the existing files or data stored from the device once installed. It just like your upgrading the Galaxy Mini through Kies updates.
Important: Do the following preparations before proceeding:
* Make a back up copy of all important data stored on the device, if it still accessible.
* Ensure that the battery is fully charge.
* Close any Antivirus software on your PC, if you have KIES installed close it also.
* Remove memory card and sim card on the device.
* Ensure a good working PC USB port
* A good USB cable wire – USB to Micro-USB PC data cable for Galaxy Mini
* PC with Windows XP SP2 or later
* Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
Step by Step Flashing Procedures on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 with Multiple files firmware.
This procedure covers for the multiple files such as OPS, BOOTLOADER, PDA, PHONE and CSC file.
1) Extract the previously downloaded firmware packaged.
You will then see the binary files for OPS, BOOTLOADER, PDA, PHONE and CSC.
2) Run ODIN Multi Downloader v4.38.exe on your Desktop.
3) Tick the OPS button then select TASS.OPS from extracted archive and load it.
On ODIN check these checkboxes options: Protect OPS and Reset Time.
4) Load all the binary files on each specific slots.
Click BOOT button then select and load the bootloader file:
Click PHONE button then select and load the AMSS file:
Click PDA button then select and load:
CODE_S5570xxxxx_CLxxxxxx_REVxx_user_low_true.tar.md5Click CSC button then select and load:
CSC_S5570xxxxxx_CLxxxxxx_REVxx_user_low_true.tar.md5 (leave EFS and One Package empty)
5 ) Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Mini. Remove your SIM Card and SD Card, just to avoid any issues
Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Mini into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power button ) together.
6) Once you see that the device display into downloading mode, connect the phone to PC. The COM:PORT mapping will show you a yellow indication if the device is already detected.
7) Hit the “Start” button to start flashing…
8) Avoid interrupting the device while in flashing mode.. just wait until the program will finished downloading all the binary files. It just takes around 3 to5 minutes to complete. A word “PASS” will display on the left side square if the flashing successfully completes and the Galaxy Mini will then reboot.
9) Once the reboot finishes, un-plug the phone from PC then do a full wipe or factory reset by typing this Code *2767*3855# to get a fully fresh firmware update installed. If all things successfully done, you may then confirm the newly downloaded firmware version name etc by typing *#1234# or through About Phone Settings.
Step by Step Flashing Procedures on Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 with a Single – One Packed stock ROM.
This below procedure covers only for a single packed firmware and only associated with the OPS file, and there’s no files such as for BOOT, PDA, PHONE and CSC file.
1) Extract or unzip/unrar the downloaded firmware.
2) Run Odin multi-downloader v4.38 tool.
3) Load the OPS and the Single Packed stock ROM
- Click on the OPS button then select and load the TASS.OPS file.
– Check the ONE PACKAGE checkbox. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and Protect OPS are also
- Click on the One Packaged button then select and load the firmware packaged.
4) Re-boot the Samsung Galaxy Mini into Download Mode: Turn it Off then Press and hold the ( Volume Down + OK + Power )
5) Connect the phone to PC, after you see that the device is already set in downloading mode.
The COM:PORT mapping will show you a yellow indication if the device is already detected.
- then hit the “START” button to begin flashing the firmware.
6) Wait for a while and do not touch anything until the program will finish the downloading process. It just takes around a 2-5 minutes to complete depending on your computer speed. A word “PASS” will display on the left side square if the flashing successfully completes.
In most cases some firmware after updating, you can get another language from other region on your device, this may happen if the firmware package comes with different CSC file and did not match to your region. But don’t panic about it, because you can manually change it according to your prepared language. You may just need to navigate the icon of Locale and text menu settings, then change it.
Also probably happen that the APN Settings will be cleared and an access to data services / MMS / Internet, will be lost, if this things happen you will need to re-configure the APN settings of you phone or ask it from your Service provider.