Here’s the step by step guide on how to install the latest Android 2.2 froyo firmware update with build number I5500XWJQ3 and a build date of September 15, 2011 on Samsung Galaxy I5500 Europa. I know a lot of you has been awaiting for the Gingerbread version but, this isn’t a Gingerbread upgrade for our 5 years old Samsung Galaxy Europa – there are a few customize ROMs and a CyanogenMod7 developed by our trusted developers will do the job.
This firmware has been officially released for Nordic regions in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic which is Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. The default CSC file is I5500NEEJP3, stated as NEE – a specific firmware regional code of the Nordic countries from Samsung. But the good thing about this, is that this can also be flash and install on any Galaxy I5500 over other regions in Europe.
Since this firmware is pulled from the original or official Samsung Kies server released, the I5500XWJQ3 comes in a single file packaged, meaning there are no multiple files such as BOOTLOADER, PDA, PHONE and CSC file, this only contains the HOME.tar.md5 file. So, flashing it is little bit convenient by way of using Odin downloader tool. If you’d ask on of what new on this update, well, we doesn’t know it yet that much, since it just freshly released. Only a few improvements, enhancements and bug fixes from previous released that comes so far. We will just try to update this post if found a little bit interesting since the fact that this is still an Android 2.2 Froyo.
Here’s how to flash and install the I5500XWJQ3 Android 2.2 Froyo Firmware Update on Samsung Galaxy Europa I5500.
Disclaimer: This procedure is yet simple but there is a risk of bricking your device. We are not liable any problems may happen to your phone, proceed at your own risk.
Samsung Galaxy I5500 OPS file:
Samsung Galaxy I5500 Odin version:
ODIN Multi Downloader v4.28
- Ensure to back up all of your important data stored on the device.
- Ensure that you have a back up copy of your original stock ROM, see list here.
- Use a good working USB to PC cable for Galaxy I5500.
- Disable Kies or antivirus from your computer, that might interrupt the process.
- Do a factory reset if you previously run from 2.1 or 2.2 firmware.
- Remove the Sim card and memory to avoid any issues.
1) Extract the downloaded firmware files, then you will get the I5500XWJQ3_I5500NEEJP3_I5500XWJP4_HOME.tar.md5 file in a folder.
2) Run Odin v4.28 on your computer’s desktop.
3) On Odin window, click the OPS button then select and load the EUROPA_v1.0.ops on that field.
4) On the upper left side, tick the One Package checkbox, just let the Auto-Reboot and protect OPS remained unchecked.
5) Now, on the lower part of Odin click the One Packaged button then select and load the I5500XWJQ3_I5500NEEJP3_I5500XWJP4_HOME.tar.md5 file on that slot. See the image below that’s how it’s gonna be look like.
6) It’s now time to prepare the Galaxy I5500 into download mode.
TO boot into download mode – Turn it OFF or remove the battery out for a second then put it back again. Don’t power it yet, just press and hold the Volume Down button, Center Button and the Power button simultaneously. You will then see an Android robot digging with a shovel inside a triangle and a word states downloading.
7) Once already set in download mode, connect the phone to PC via USB cable wire. There’s a word “ADDED appears and a yellow color will highlight on the COM:PORT mapping if the phone is already detected and or connected.
8) Once the device already ensured on it’s connection on the PC and Odin recognized it, just hit the “START” button to begin flashing.
9) Just wait until the whole flashing process finishes. Do not touch the phone that might interrupt it, this is the very risky part and will cause bricking the phone if interrupted. It will only takes around 4 to 5 minutes just only depends on your computer’s speed.
A word “PASS” will show on Odin once it done, and the device will then just automatically reboot.
After the phone reboots, unplug it from PC. Then do a factory reset to get a fresh firmware upgrade.
Here’s a code for factory reset *2767*3855# and to check and confirm the newly firmware installed is *#*#1234#*#*.
Incoming search terms:
- europa i5500 ops
- Samsung Galaxy Europa I5500 – EUROPA_v1 0 ops