Here’s the step step by step instruction on how to manually upgrade your Galaxy Gio S5660 to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread using S5660DXKT4 original stock ROMs which is officially released by Samsung Kies server. This method is by using Odin downloader tool that needs to be installed on your PC. This is useful just in-case you are having some issues updating via Kies. The Android 2.3.6 for Gio has been released already last December on some selected countries only, for other countries there is, no sign of updates yet.
We will add it up here if there is any update that is sooner to be available.
Here’s the following Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware released so far.
Firmware: S5660DXKT4 – S5660OLBKT4
For South East Asia Regions – Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines.
This is an upgrade from Android 2.3.5 S5660DXKP6. So check out your current firmware version by typing *#1234#.
How to manually install S5660DXKT4 on Galaxy Gio
Grab the following file:
Downloader- Odin v4.42
Ops File – Gio.Ops
Driver – Install Kies on your PC or grab the Samsung Driver: SAMSUNG_Mobile_Phones_USB_Driver.rar
- Back up all important files stored from the device.
- Make sure that the battery is fully charge
1. Extract the downloaded file, so that you’ll get the tar file. The SS_DL.dll file is not to be use but don’t delete it.
2) Run ODIN v4.42 on your computer’s desktop.
3) Click the OPS button then select and load the GIO_v1.0.ops file.
Tick on One Packaged checkbox, then click the One Packaged button and then load:
4) Then reboot the Samsung Galaxy Mini it into Download mode,. Turn it OFF then by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power button) you will then see the phone in downloading screen.
5) Connect the phone to PC when the phone displays the downloading icon., The ID:COM mapping will turn to yellow color when the device is properly connected and detected.
6) Then fire up the “START” button to begin flashing. Don’t touch anything until the whole process successfully completes. It takes just around 2-5 minutes just depends to your computer speed.
Keep an eye of the word “PASS” will display on Odin once it finishes.
If the flashing successfully completes, the phone will then reboot… you may then unplug it from your computer.You can confirm the newly downloaded firmware version name etc by typing *#1234#.
Then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855# to get a fully fresh firmware update installed. Then change the prepared language settings of your region.
Incoming search terms:
- how to upgrade gio firmware
- how to upgrade samsung gio os
- Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 ops file
- upgrade samsung galaxy gio with odin
Category: Android Firmware