Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app.
(Also check out CalDAV-Sync beta)
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Please, if you find a bug send me an email. Without detailed error description I often can’t do anything especially when I can’t reproduce it. It’s also possible that your server has a bug that CardDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
This is the paid version of CardDAV-Sync beta. It equals the free version except that it syncs more fields. Visit my website for details.
Please uninstall the free version before you install the paid one (and vice versa).
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
Important! If your phone removes the accounts on reboot, move the App back from SD card to the phone. Some phones (if not all) can’t handle sync adapters on SD Card properly.
For users which are unable to edit or create synced contacts I published an editor at the market. Just search for "Contact Editor" or see my website.
Once this app reaches version 1.0, I’ll make it open source.
See http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Open_source_status for details on the open source status.
* Sync contacts from a CardDAV-server (tested and reported to work with DAViCal, SOGo, egroupware, Zimbra, david.fx, Yahoo, ownCloud … and more see my website for details)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* two-way-sync (please, don’t forget to backup your contacts before you use this! It is still beta!)
* syncs names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, photos, birthdays (but please visit "date formats" on my website first), notes, instant messengers, organizations, nicknames, categories (groups) and websites
* automatic address book discovery (works with most servers in default configuration)
It is still under development and some important features may be missing. Known limitations are:
* Contact lists are not yet supported
* only "server wins" and "phone wins" (default) conflict resolution available (that is when a contact is updated on server and on phone between two syncs)
* custom labels are not preserved (actually, this is a vcard limitation)
* and maybe more
Please report bugs. Feedback is very welcome.
Btw: just writing a comment like "Doesn’t work on…" won’t help neither you nor me to get it running on your device. Please contact me if you have problems.
* crashes if phone orientation is changed during setup
* it may not sync if the contact collection on the server contains vcards which are not well formated (it is quite tolerant yet, but certain, very rare, format errors still will prevent a successful sync operation)
* @david.fx users: david.fx returns all links to contacts from sub-folders. Currently this leads to the situation that some contacts may appear multiple times (joined to one contact)
What’s in this version:
Please send me an email if something doesn’t work! Developers can’t respond to comments.
— new in 0.3.8.2 –
bug fix: sync crashed on accounts with contact lists
— new in 0.3.8.1 –
show warning if app is moved to SD card
fix authentication with non-ASCII passwords
many minor fixes & improvments
— new in 0.3.8 –
instant messenger sync (paid version only, read the account settings help)
store UID with new contacts (precondition for the upcoming Apple-style group sync)