Requirements: Android 2.2 and up
Overview: Recast is the best way to customize weather and widgets on your Android device.
On phone, tablet or Google TV, Recast is the best way to customize weather, widgets and control your Android device.
Easily change and personalize nearly everything: colors, icons, fonts, layouts, sizes and more!
Uses modern Ice Cream Sandwich Holo interface look, no matter what Android OS you have and works on nearly every Android device!
The online catalog makes it easy and fast to get new widgets, colors, styles and more.
Add as many locations as you want and customize each one for C/F, metric/imperial, 12/24 hour, naming and more.
Offers the most popular widget sizes: 1×1, 1×4, 2×2, 3×2, 4×1, 4×2, 5×1, 5×2 and full screen portrait and landscape views.
Very resource friendly and doesn’t use your network or battery while your screen is off.
GPS and automatic weather updates can be disabled for full manual control.
Recast is weather and widgets done your way.
For questions, suggestions or help visit us at http://recast.phase2i.com/
- Supports Android OS 2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread and 3.x Honeycomb, 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and 4.1 Jelly Bean
- One app works on virtually all phones, notes, media players, tablets and Google TVs
- Attractive and clean widgets with clocks, dates, weather, battery, toggles and more
- Change nearly everything: backgrounds, colors, icons, fonts, layouts, toggles, time formats, temperature units, speed units and more
- Add, re-arrange and remove as many locations as you want for weather with easy, auto-completing name entry
- Auto-location uses GPS, WiFi and cellular radio to update your weather as you move
- Choose the best option from our weather providers: Google Weather or World Weather Online
- Resize widgets to nearly any size on Android 3.x and 4.x devices
- Includes sunrise and sunset times for most locations
- Auto-refresh weather when your phone screen unlocks, on a set schedule or on-demand
- Tap on any date to reach your built-in calendar app
- Tap on any time to reach your built-in alarm clock app
- Works both as a widget and app with full screen weather displays
- Preview and change any widget or view instantly
What’s in this version:
Fixed a possible out-of-memory issue with Galaxy S3 devices
Fixed rendering of widgets to minimize memory use.
Fixed bug with color selection for backgrounds on new widgets to allow for darker colors.
Improved widget layouts for some devices